Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 35 July 24,2009

All I have written is that I fed her Strawberry yogurt and prunes at 7:45am and that she weighed 30.13 pounds.

What I remember about that day is that Alisha did really pretty well but still resisted the chewables but I went home with a nuk brush. So I was bringing my safety net with me. I also know that I ran out of batteries this day and drove practically back to the hotel to the CVS pharmacy to get some. I did lots of very fast running this day. I also went back to the hotel for Alisha's day trement jounal because I forgot it on my way out the door with the high chair and verything else!! (it was the day to return the highchair I kept it at the hotel the whole time) and I video taped my last trip in to the center. It was hard to say goodbye to everybody!!! Larraine had a follow up appointment that day and I was really glad to see her. She was waiting to follow me home to the hotel because I had tons of food and things that I was so not taking with me that I really wanted to give to her. Larraine also had to work that night so we had to really hurry so she would have time to came over. Otherwise I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this food and frying pan etc. etc!! It was also really great because otherwise they might have had to kick me out when they closed down the building for the night. I wanted to take pictures of EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY!!! I wanted to take as much with me as I could knowing that it would never be enough!! I missed pictures of Dr Berkawitz, one security guard and two parking attendants. Luckily I had Larraine to keep me with some excited focus!! I also have to admit that I video taped the whole drive from the feeding center to the hotel. At the hotel and really for the next couple of days I was on total spaz o matic!!! I had so much to do and little sleep and hardly any focus. I remember talking as fast as I could to Lorraine so I could try and say everything and not make her late for work. I also missed several things around the hotel to give her. It was GREAT to get to see her and Jude!!!! I'm so glad I met them. Soon the time came that I used my GPS to get Lorraine back to a familiar freeway and she was gone. I was still just so happy to have had her with me when I was leaving the center and to help that be a happy goodbye.. I'm so grateful to her.
Then back to the hotel packing up the last things and then we went out for one more pizza night!! These guys were so great!! I tell ya I even hear the word Italian or see a green white and red flag I'm on the verge of swooning.. Man!! Hospitality to that level is truly a dieing art!! They try to teach it to people in customer service positions but most of the time it really feels fake nothing like truly being taken care of. This is a place that I could not get enough of!! Alisha ate some olive slices off the pizza and she ate some pureed food while we were there. When the girls and I got back to the hotel we went swimming. They wanted to go one last time and I wanted some endorphins or something. I was just about desperate for any energy I could get. I set the timer that I used for timing feedings so we didn't stay too late. After the girls were in bed I had "Independence Day" on the TV while I was finishing packing. I was so tired that no matter what I tried I felt that I was making almost no progress and I couldn't keep my focus and kept coming up with alternate plans to try to make things run smoother but what really happened is that I couldn't even remember what plan I was trying to run with. I was so tired that my body felt stale on the inside is the only way I know how to describe it and I felt that even if I slept with the theory of moving faster rested I just felt that I didn't have enough time left to make it happen. I finally did go to sleep. Not really feeling rested I'm sure because all while I was "sleeping" I knew that I wasn't done.

No comments:

Post a Comment