Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 34

In the morning Alisha had prunes and strawberry yogurt (breakfast of champions) she threw up on about her seventh bite for no reason that I could see. We cleaned up and she ate the rest of her meal just fine. When we got to the center Alisha thought she should be weighed. She doesn't get weighed everyday though.. Anyway, today was not a weigh in day and she was mad about it. Whatever..

Anyway, I feel like we are getting closer to a really good chewable feeding but it hasn't happened yet. On the way home from the center we go to the the shopright again and get some gf snacks for on the plane so that we are covered regardless of what snacks they have. I also need to admit here that we were looking for NJ Tshirts and post cards and I never was able to find them. Ya know what?!?!? They were at the shopright the whole time!!! After I saw them I remember kinda seeing them. Well, the New York ones anyway. It was awesome!! I had plans to make some with the girls when we got home but this was great!! I got the girls a hat each and I got a shirt with New Jersey stats on it. Yea!! some Jersey pride!! Did ya know.... Jersey is 57% farm land and forest?? Has the most horses per square mile in the U.S.?? Highest cost of living in the U.S.? Okay that one's not so great but they have the most diners in world. 80% of the country's imports come through Jersey first. #1 state for blueberry and cranberry production. Has the longest boardwalk in the world. Tallest water tower in the U.S. "Monopoly" uses the names of Atlantic City Streets. Professional basketball began in Trenton. Anyway, very fun find!! We come back to the hotel and feed Alisha down stairs with us while we have our usual. Alisha always likes to sit on the bar stools by the window so that it where we can always be found at dinner lately and for breakfast too. She likes to be up high where she can see. She has started to protest drinking her milk or at least she has figured out how to put her tongue over the hole on her cup and even swallow and make swallowing sounds at the same time.. what a bugger. I check the front desk again to see if Alisha's package has come yet. For this whole trip I keep checking to see if Alisha's back up button has come yet. I have talked to her supply company a few times about it and have lately added that even though we calculated how many days and therefore cans of formula that we would need shipped we are four days short. They are supposed to be here before today. I check the desk after dinner and there is still no package. So we go back out to shopright and we end up buying some off brand but gluten free version of Ensure. It's half the calories of what her formula gives her but I figure it's as good as I can get and better then nothing at this point. Also at this point I figure that a NJ Tshirt would be pretty sweet for Shyanne so I add it to the fancy grocery store bag that has my glad ware and a cookie sheet that we loved using. Shyanne is staying for a few more weeks and is staying in a different hotel with a full kitchen plus she is driving back to Colorado and though she might get low on space she doesn't have to weigh her bags!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment