Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 4..

Today was the first day going to Saint Josephs Pediatric Feeding Center.

Alisha weighed in at 30 lbs 4oz. AWESOME!! She's been stuck at 27lbs. for too long and we have added a lot to her food to get that extra weight on her. In 24 hours she has 3 cans of Nutren 2.0 (500 calories ea.) the first two cans during the day are mixed with 1-2 tablespoons of cashew butter, half of an avocado, one scoop of Ultracare for Kids, and about 1/2 cup of silk milk. We use a Vita Mix blender and a Zevex ultralite infinity pump.

Today was great Alisha walked right into the play room and had a great time. At her feedings she had a spoon dipped in water and then later a spoon holding some water in it. Mostly getting her used to the protocol. Alisha did great!!!

The kind of not so great part is that they wanted me to feed Alisha something. So I tried to feed her a gluten-free animal cookie. I tried to get her to eat the face off thinking that she might think that it funny enough that she would at least make a good attempt. Meanwhile the doctors and feeding therapists are watching in the hallway through a one way mirror. I kept feeling like clearly what I do doesn't work or we wouldn't be here. They were trying to see her mouth and what she does to get a better baseline the what my home made DVD provided. I kept saying things like "I can still see his nose" or " I can still see his eye." While Alisha was taking such tiny bites that she'd make any super model look like a total binger!! After a while that had seen enough of what she does with her mouth to make a specialized plan for her. yea!!!

After therapy we did a lot of driving around looking for the Cost co. At home Costco is always a huge building with an "I'm a warehouse stripe around it" Not so much that way here. I kept driving around and around where the GPS said that it was located. I started feeling some of the frustration that I felt from Saturday. four about 15minutes I drove around the area where the store was. finally making what I promised myself to be my last pass I said to the back seat...
"Mataya, let me know if you can see a Costco.." (or we are going home and forget it!) She said it's right there... There were a couple of other stores with it that had way better signage and Costco wasn't listed on the big sign near the street either.. Anyway!!!!! So I park and just as soon as I do Alisha throws up all over the back seat!!! Rental car..lovely!! We have done this so many times that we have two car seats for Alisha so we can switch all of the fabric and seat belt pieces wash the others and still hit the next appointment. I have to admit here that we left her extra clothes at the feeding center and the extra car seat stuff and plastic bags were left in the hotel room in our rush out the door this morning.. Sooo... I wiped off her clothes pulled her black cotton pants legs up so the bottom hem of her pants were up to her hips.. ta daaahhaaaa shorts and we are shopping.. We saved tons on green beans and corn and a box of microwave popcorn and frozen chicken!!! Mataya and I picked out a couple of books that looked good and should be cheap entertainment for quite a span of time. We were about done when Alisha said that she needed to go potty.. Normally she gives me quite a bit of warning and is very good about the whole thing.. Not so much this time.. Glad I had everything in the front of the cart. I wiped her up kinda and the floor then helped Mataya finish up her book choices and headed for check out.. On the way up the main isle I made the mistake of saying to Alisha to lighten things up a bit. "We better get you out of here quick I bet you smell lovely." Then I had a hard time not laughing because just then the gust of wind from the front door hit us and I was thinking of all the people walking behind us... Then Alisha sits up higher on the back of the seat rest and starts calling out "who wants to smell my bum!!" Perfect ender to a perfect day. ;) It's days like this that practically make Mom's bullet proof!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment