Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 3..

Today is Sunday!! yea!!


I was up at 7:30 to get ready for church at 10:00... I thought that we would be there early and we could meet and talk with the bishop some and tell him about our gluten-free bread and things. I brought some in a sandwich baggie. Well, Alisha undressed herself three times and other things and we got there about ten minutes late.


We sat in the foyer for the first few minutes while they finished passing the Sacrament. Then I walked to the door and looked inside to see where we could sit. They had just invited the children to go sing to the fathers because it was Fathers Day. A lady named Geraldine was sitting on the back row. She kind of reminded me of my Aunt Janet. Forceful but in a kind of loving way. Anyway, she grabbed my arm and said "Your staying right??" Yeah, I'm just looking for a place to sit. She said well there are lots of places to sit. I said but the kids just got up I need to wait til they sit back down I don't want to take any body's place. She said well why don't you go sit by Zoe and the Bishop's wife? I said okay, who is the bishops wife.. She kinda chuckled to herself and said that's right you don't know. She described where they were sitting and she was holding my arm the whole time. I was laughing on the inside. She was awesome!! The primary children had just finished singing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" and we quietly sat with the bishops wife and Zoe then Alisha started to get up set. She wanted to go sing with the primary kids so I let her go and she loved it. They sang one more song that was not one that the children in our local primary practiced but Alisha sang some of the words and had a great time. There was even a man who helped Alisha stand with some of the shorter kids so we could see her up there. It was wonderful and they have a very beautiful chapel!!! All of the wood is stained a dark chocolate almost black and the thick moulding...but very simple at the same time It's just gorgeous!! Everything around the Church is so beautiful!! The chapel has to be less then 100 ft maybe 50 ft from the road but there are sooo many trees that you can't see the building at all. I had to turn around and come back to it. I have to say that Wayne is so pretty and so many trees too!!!! I could drive around for a day and just take pictures of the houses and trees!!! It was such a shock to me how people could live in such a pretty place and be so cranky!!! Honking at people doing nothing.. It was wonderful to go to church and be with sooo many nice people all in one place. A few of them gave me their phone numbers in case I needed anything. It was really nice. The girls played with some other kids for a little bit afterwards and it was wonderful.

There were wonderful Fathers day talks like none that I had ever heard before and it was a wonderful meeting. One sister talked about not having a father and her Mom raised five children on her own. She said that because of this she feels that she has a closer relationship with her Heavenly Father. In the same way that a person who is blind may have have a stronger sense of hearing. We also sang "Did you think to Pray" Very beautiful. Most the hymns remind me of family and times that we have had together which makes them all that more touching to me. They closed the meeting with every female member of the church walking up on the stand and singing "Love at Home" to all the men. It was beautiful and my most favorite time I can recall ever hearing that him sung.

I left the building with such a spiritual high..... It was so wonderful I know I for for absolute certainty that I'm going to miss this place very very much when it is time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment