Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 6..

Today Alisha weighed 31.6 pounds!! Yea!!
The great part of today is that Alisha had no water feedings today!!! Every feeding was 75% diluted apple sauce!! She did a great Job!!!
The not so great part... Alisha has been having a lot of accidents at the feeding center and they were talking to me one by one and it really kinda felt like they were trying to wear me down or something.. I also happen to be Skyler's Mom and all that that has ever included.. So whatever.. They wanted me to bring Alisha in pull ups.. I thought that was ridiculous!! she has been potty trained for a long time and has very few accidents. They were talking to me about all the changes in her life lately and so pull ups made sense to them. I said I was willing to bring in extra clothes but no pull ups.. She needs to clearly know what is expected of her. In a ways it was kinda funny when the third and Fourth staff members came up to talk to me. I bet they were wondering why I was smiling at them when we were talking about wet pants and pull ups.. I just wasn't having it. How about keeping one thing consistent? Really, she still needs to be cleaned up anyway they just bag her clothes and send then home with me and I end up with the extra work and it's worth it to me. Alisha was also there for some of these conversations.. Alisha was also having accidents at the hotel. I told her that if she had clean pants she could stay up til bed time but if she didn't she was going straight to bed. Some staff seemed to think that wasn't fair to her. She had not needed any of her extra clothes after she was sent to bed.
Another thing was that we had a goal setting meeting. Mostly it was really great I was just kind of disappointed with.. I was asked what I thought was a reasonable goal for Alisha by the time that we leave. "I said well, it would be really great if she could eat a sandwich." One of the doctors just hung his head in disbelief. I felt frustrated. I didn't know exactly what to expect. We haven't done this before and I figured Alisha eats more kinds of things then the kids that were on their list of examples on their site so to me it made sense that she should eat better then some of them when we leave too. Then I was told that their goal for Alisha was to eat six to eight different baby food textured foods. That was a kick in the guts. That is a huge difference. Anyway, Then I was asked to list foods that Alisha eats. Crackers, cheese, rice, broccoli, peas, green beans, popcorn, bread. All of these things are in very very very small pieces. Two tablespoons of rice would be like Thanks Giving for Alisha. They asked me if she drinks I said she likes to drink ice water. She drinks quite a bit of it. I was asked how she drinks it. I said from a cup. Then I was asked if it was a sippy cup. "No, just a cup." "From an open cup?" "Yes, a cup." "Really, that takes quiet a bit of tongue work." "Really?" "yes, we'll have to see her drink water on Monday." I had been writing in her journal every night how much she drinks.. So I decided to wait for the surprise on Monday when she drinks water..

No comments:

Post a Comment