Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 15

This was our extra day off. We had made plans with a mom who has been here before. This is her son's second trip to work more on chewing instead of pureed foods. Anyway, she had been to New York before and invited my girls and I to go with her. Very nice!! Alisha ate 1/2oz. sweet potatoes and 1/2oz sweet potatoes with turkey... thinking about later I think I could have picked two foods that were more different. She did a great job eating it though while we watched "Horton Hears a Who" We love the rope bridge part along with many others.

We left to go meet our NY visiting mom her two kids and her mother from England. We took a bus to New York on the way there the bus was having problems so they had another bus come up behind us and we switched. The sad part about that is that I grabbed everything except Alisha's really cute yellow hoodie with the flowers..The rest of the trip was great!! After that bus we got two cabs to China Town. We spent a while on Canal St. Tons of purse shopping. I guess that I'm picky... I'm also not really into purses... I did buy some postcards and a toy double decker bus. We had fun with everything that we did. We also went to ground zero. It gave me chills to be there. I bought a couple of booklets. We had lunch on the 2nd floor of a Burger King. I packed lunch Taya and I had shakes and soda with lunch and I syringed Alisha's "lunch."

Along the way I also bought a total of 18 New York post cards because I haven't found any New Jersey ones and a New York hat. Then we went on the Stanton Island Fairy. That was so much fun for the kids and so great to see the Statue of Liberty. I took tons of pictures. It was hard to believe that I was actually seeing it. The Brooklyn Bridge was pretty impressive too. We had a great time on top of a double decker tour bus.. very funny tour guide!! Then the kids had a great time running and playing at Central Park. That's a sentence that I never thought I would write. The only time I hear about Central Park involves a speratic murder or a movie location. So I always thought that they really dressed it up for movies because nobody gets murdered in pretty places right?!?!?.. for anybody as silly as me (let me pretend these people exist!!) I will tell you that it is gorgeous pretty all the time and it was wonderful to see and talk about the Elf movie seen where they sing to create more Christmas spirit. Then the kids just ran around on the huge rocks and grass and tossed rocks in the pond and it just looks almost magical all the time.. I wish I took more pictures there... Then we went to time square. Very fun to be there!! I think NY reminds me of SF except a higher feeling of energy. There were very fun very helpful people.

Then we got a bus back to Paterson. All totaled this day cost $46.00... I'm rather impressed. We said goodbye til Monday and the girls and I drove back to the hotel.....ZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment