Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 26

Today Alisha ate prunes and yogurt for breakfast. I think that may become a tradition and very the flavors of yogurt and throw in some pancakes and waffles every once in a while. She also ate potatoes with cheese and peaches and later she had some broccoli with cheese and avocado.

She is doing really well and the speech person fed her some chips and cookies tenderly called crunchies at the center to see how she does. Alisha did a wonderful job and all the doctors and her feeding therapist will talk tomorrow and decide how we are going to move foreword. We are doing great!!! I'm sooo excited!! I would love for them to transition some crunchies!! That is all that I was ever able to get her to eat at home. She was never able to to eat ice cream, yogurt, baby food or anything in that consistency. They have wonderfully filled in that void for her and it feels so freeing to know that she can eat so many things from the grocery store anywhere we go!!! I love that she is drinking her Nutren 2.0 and getting all of her calories by mouth on most days. I'm just sooo grateful for this wonderful program and how nice they are to us and all of the friendships that we have made here!!

I am sad that this is Larraine's last week at the center. She is the first Mom I met here and we really hit it off. There are so many Awesome Mom's that I have met I really hope that we stay connected. Seriously face book, emails and blogs.. it really shouldn't be hard. ;)

Today Mataya had her first very mild "I'm bored" day!!!! I am sooo proud of her!!!!! She has been sooo awesome this whole trip so far. She makes everything so fun!!! She's crazy!! ;) I told her today that as soon as she finishes reading Matilda that we will go to the book store and pick out another book to rotate in with her video games.. Anyway, it's time for dinner.

Wishing everyone a really great day!!!

Heather.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like things are going great! I am glad for you!

    ReplyDelete