Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 30

Today Alisha ate prunes and mixed berry apple sauce before church. This was the last Sunday at the Ferndale ward. A day that I knew would be sad and hard for me on the very first sunday there. The people were so nice!! Welcoming does not even cover how giving these people were. I'm pretty sure that I almost wouldn't need a ward phone book if we moved because almost everyone at some point has given me their phone number. I even had a lady's husband say I'm sure that my wife has given you our phone number and I wanted to let you know that if you need anything to feel free to call us. How awesome is that!!! A husband that doesn't wait to be valenteered!! Another great but small things is that this ward has a blown up lamenated map with all of the families names and addresses on small strips of paper and straight pinned to the location that they live in. I have always wanted that but never had it. It would really help me to understand where people lived in relationship to eachother. I think this really helps with the camunity feel because Iwas told that if you drove from the top of the ward boundries to the bottom it would take about an hour. I'm not familiar with the area but I can tell you that the towns seem to be very small and I think that it would be very hard to know the names of all the towns and then also to know where they are in realation to eachother. I drive through three towns from the hotel to the feeding center in six miles. Another thing that I have always wanted is that by the Relife Society room (where the ladies meet) there are snap shot pictures of every sister with her fist and last name. That was a great help to me when I was there. They seemed to have around 20 sisters every week and I think that it would be a bigger help the bigger the group of sisters. On the other hand their building is really kinda off the beaten path and they are the only ward that uses the buidling. I really miss the sisters and one thing that I really want to take back with me is how welcoming they all were. Without being smothering at all it seemed just about everyone took it upon themselves to be my friend as if they were the only one. It was a home away from home for me and I hope they understand what a difference they made for me. We were just about the last people to leave the building. It was just hard to go. They had a linger longer and a swap shop that day. Their linger longer is a potluck lunch with tables set out and really inviting for families to stay. It was the perfect last week. I'm so glad that I got to meet them. After we got home to the hotel Alisha ate Apple sauce with rice cereal and peas. Mataya and I ate grilled cheese sandwiches the way that I'm pretty sure that Grandma Lucy used to make them. I was feeling that home~E need.. We also baked the last of the gluten free cookies.
later that night at 8:00 Alisha ate gf waffle with mixed berry apple sauce and apple sauce.
Another thing is that Alisha has started hitting herself in the head when she is frustrated. I'd almost forgotten that she used to bang her head on the floor until she was 18mo or 2years old.

2 comments: