Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 32

Alisha had a hard time puting on her socks orthotics and shoes. Normally, when she gets frustrated she crys and whines and I tell her that she needs to talk and ask for help if she needs help. This morning she started not only hitting herself in the head but she started biting and twisting her fingers. I talk to her the same way that I do when she is frustrated and don't say anything about hitting or biting herself. At the center part of the protocal is completely egnoring bad or undesireable behaviors. That doesnt apply to everything but most everything and it gets huge results. If she is still doing it when we get home I will take her in for a once over to make sure she doesn't have a sinus infection or some other random uncomfortable head thing that doesn't have a lot of symptoms. (It's been found out I've heard from CdLS moms that some of the kids have behaviors like that when they are not feeling well. Usesully it has something to do with the head. Like always kids vary.)

I woke up feeling the need for my virtual commando mom gear. I felt this might be my last day to really make a difference while we still have any reasonable amount of time left. I was filled with desperation. All the way to the center I'm playing kick butt songs on the CD player. I get there and I'm just waiting for the good ole' doc to come talk to me. I was planning to give him the mother look of death right in the eyes and tell him to go cut the fruit!!! (sadly I'm editing.. I was just horrible!) Then with practically a chorus of angels Brittney walks out to greet us!!!! I called out "BRITTNEY!! My favorite person!!! She asked how everything was going even though I'm sure she had gotten an earful already. Then she listened to all I had to say. She told me that she asked about what happened to the chewables too. Anyway, with our Brittney back Alisha was given chewables again. She refused them.. Then she refused them some more.. Later I think to leave the room she had to take at least one bite. We were introduced to the nuk brush to help her open and take the bite chew swallow and then go back to the play room.
Later back at the hotel Alisha ate sweet potatoes with rice cereal and peas. Then we watched Pengu while Alisha drank her night time milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment