Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 29 fun and Waffles..

Today we really focused in and did GREAT!!! We also found lots of pockets of time to have fun between meals. It helped that the doctor said to space the meals out to every three hours and increase her meals to 2.5 oz. total between two foods. No problem!!

Alisha ATE!!

Prunes and blueberry gogurt at 9:30am

Waffles with mixed berry applesauce and peaches with rice cereal and a little water at 12:30

This was a fun meal because I tell her what she is eating when she already has it in her mouth I say things like "Good job Alisha!! Awesome waffle bite!!" She swallowed and said "Awful." I said no, Alisha waffle." She said "awful." I said Alisha it starts with a W it's WWWWWaaaffle." She said "No, it's horrible." I was so shocked I laughed so hard I about cried..



We took pictures in the mountains.. Nope.. it just looks like it. Actually it's between the parking lot to the hotel and a four lane road on the other side. Wayne and lots of the area around here is so beautiful! This is what it looks like when you build what you are going to build and leave the rest alone. TONS of trees!!! Just beautiful!!!



We had a great time playing with monster mitts!! Velcro mitt or pad "catches" the tennis ball it's WONDERFUL!!! Helps Mataya better then anything else we have done for her tracking things with her eyes and the "mitts" fit on with an adjustable Velcro strap in the back so Alisha can catch too!!! Truly awesome things available at Beyondplay.com!! We also got the rocket ship bubbles. I have been wanting those for a couple a years. A therapist brought it over to our house a few times. Squeeze the sides of the rocket and the wand comes up with out actually touching the wand and just blow. That was really fun!!



Alisha ate sweet potatoes with rice cereal and peas at 3:30

we picked things up in our room and watched cartoons. It was so nice to have some down time with the three of us together.



Then we went to the park near the hotel. Sadly this was the first time that we have actually gone to the park. There have been a few rainy days and from the parking lot it didn't look very exciting to me.. It was raining really hard the day that we looked.... It is a wonderful park that pictures could never capture!! Pictures look too flat and never show the depth of all the trees around. Plus it has two gated entrances.. One goes to the top of the play structure and the other goes down a paved hill to to the lower play ground area. There is a marry go round which we got a kick out of because those are taken out of all the parks at home. This was the first time the girls have ever seen or been on one and it was great! there are tons of swings and monkey bars just all kinds of things very very well layed out park tons of trees and so the whole park is in the shade and doesn't get too hot there are picnic tables and other benches around too it was really fun!! While we were at the park Alisha ate Mixedberry applesauce and peaches. She did a great job.. I didn't soo much.. I said "Good Job!! Last bite." As I gave her the last bite. She hopped down off the bench before she had it swallowed and everything came up..



After we played at the park for a while longer we went out to Neil's Pizzeria & Restaurant at 568 Valley Rd. Wayne, NJ. They were wonderful!!! They have gluten free pizza and TONS of other pizza type things really some I've never seen before but they were all made with flour so you will have to hear how great they taste from somebody else. Our pizza was great!! We got a medium with half pineapple and ham and the other half veggie. Let me just say that when you say veggie it is fully loaded with everything!!! Stuff that I forgot were vegetables were on this pizza and it was a masterpiece!!! Beyond the pizza was the service!! these guys were great!! I ordered my pizza and the guy walked away and started making it so I sat down with the girls. Then they brought the pizza out I said "oh, I need to pay you." and started to stand to go to the register because it's a small place and at home that's just how it is with pizza. The great guy who brought out the pizza said "Oh, no sit.. you eat enjoy.. it cost the same later." So funny.. you just got to love it!! I know I did!!! If I lived here that would be my one of my favorite places to keep coming back to because they treat ya so nice.
K, so now we are so totally full and I realized it was the first hot thing for dinner I have had in a long time. The Hotel makes good dinners but needing to eat gluten free Mataya and I eat salad with dressing and chips with salsa sometimes olive slices or shredded cheesed and either A&W root beer or sprite. I think I might crave it at home sometimes.. Anyway, we were full but we need Alisha to drink her night time milk. (her Nutren 2.0 that she would have normally had pumped into her stomach all night for a total of 80z at 35~45mls an hour.) One of her favorite ways to have her drink is to pull up our netflix account on the laptop and pick from the instant watch list. Doing this we found Pingu!!! We LOVE Pingu!! He is a young boy claymation penguin no real words but really funny. We have watched them a few times and she finishes her night time milk in about thirty minutes. I have never been able to pump that into her that fast. She does great. I tell her that she can keep watching IF (at our house we call that the stepmother IF because of Cinderella) she keeps drinking. It's really pretty great!! I'm thinking that in not really long we will be done with pull ups because she no longer needs to be pumped all night. I'm willing to be slow changing that she has done really well with a lot of changes all ready and I know it will come so that makes it easier for me to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment