Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 16

Alisha ate baby food green beans and sweet potatoes with turkey and then later carrots and applesauce. Today was the first day that Alisha put on her orthotics all by herself!!! It's very hard for her to pull the plastic apart for her to get her foot in.. She always puts on her socks and shoes.

Today was also a kinda hard day or at least it had a hard time in it...

I was having Alisha drink her "milk" (high calorie formula) She was smirking at me and refusing to drink it. I lost my patients and I walked away and left her in her high chair and laid down on my bed. I felt awful but I felt even worse when Mataya came in and softly rubbed on my shoulders. She's not supposed to have to be the grown up!!! She told me that everything is fine. Then she walked out to the kitchen area and asked Alisha in a very quiet almost magic forest fair voice. "Do you want a happy mommy or a sad mommy?" It about makes me cry thinking about it. Then Alisha said "Happy Mommy." Then Mataya said "Then you need to stop being mean to her and drink you milk" All of this was still in the magic forest fairy voice. Then Mataya started playing a game with Alisha with her magic pillow and they were laughing and having a great time... it was way more fun and silly.

I'm so glad that I have such great daughters... Alisha's "milk" all three ounces was finished in about five minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment