Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 11

Today Alisha weighed 31lbs!! She also ate her baby food carrots and green beans only diluted to 50%!! Alisha also drank her formula!!! That is a total first!!! She drank 20mls after her first feeding and 30mls after the 2nd, and 65mls after the third!!!

Today was a great feeling day. I don't really believe in happenstance. Today I talked to two moms that happened to have some minor problems with areas that I had some experience and some hopefully short funny stories to go with it to make my life lessons stick.

It was good. I love it when it just feels good for everybody all around. I love it when we can talk and help each other going through this as a group is very helpful!!! I've been part of a few mommy web sites but as great as they have been for me they can't even touch what it feels like to literally sit around a table with all of these been-there-done-that parents!!! We laugh at some of the crazy adaptive things we have done for our kids.. and all the different kinds of spoons and things we have bought.. we all look at each other and laugh!!! (It's not the SPOON!!)

Today we were talking so much just having fun together that we didn't leave the observation room between feedings and we were already there two hours later when it was time for our kids to eat again. Very nice day. I very firmly believe that this therapy would not work if I read a book about it or even watched a how to video. I don't believe that it would work if we went three or even for times a week in my home town. I believe that it really takes making it be for your whole life for several weeks. This is wonderful!! I hope everybody keeps talking about this program because you never know all the people the person your talking to knows.
Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment