Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 22

Today Alisha weighed 30.12 pounds and is now drinking three ounces between meals.. because her meals now total one and a half ounces. yea!! Alisha ate pureed Tuna today.. We have to get meats and other proteins. She already excepts fruit and veggies and now proteins.. we can spread out her varieties.. I'm sure she will be fine with that. I have had very much less time in the family lounge and I miss the moms.. I feed Alisha ever two hours. it takes about twenty minutes then twenty minutes after that I take her into her feeding room to have her drink. that takes about ten minutes.. it tends to take ten minutes to get her to and from the play room so I have about another hour before we start again. This is really wonderful practice for us because Brittney talks to me after feedings and sometimes during and gives me more guidelines or reminds me of ones that I'm letting slip.. There is a lot to do.. Brittney watches threw the one way glass so she sees without Alisha seeing.. There are other doctors and therapists that watch from time to time. plus the moms watch a lot while the feeding therapist feed to and watch how well their kids are doing and also watch everything the feeding therapists do because very soon it will be your turn again.. When we live all turns will be your turns..
Today was also the parent meeting.. we have them before the weekend because it helps with moral and it is fun to be all together.. Anyway we were talking and laughing that some of us are still doing too much for our kids... that topic always seems to last a while.. Some of the moms justify and we all laugh together.. a while into it this time I asked if they have seen the movie "Failure to Launch".. I said seriously make the popcorn and watch it.. We all laughed really hard.. One mom asked me to right down the title.. I also wrote down "Penelope" We don't need to give our kids any optional handicaps!!! :) Honestly I'm not perfect at this either... I always tell my kids how old they are.. for them to know that they need to suck it up sometimes but also so that I hear it.. I think about other kids mine and my Friend's kids and think about what they were able to do at that age.. keep the expectations up.. no optional handicaps!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment